The process for hiring a Wizard of Ads partner is 4 simple steps:
1) Decide that the Wizard of Ads way of doing things makes a lot more sense than traditional ad agencies (more on this below). Call or E-mail us to set-up a phone appointment.
2) Complete the phone interview & Receive your Wizard Partner recommendations
3) Interview your recommended Partners & Decide on the best fit
4) Once you’ve made your decision on the best Wizard Partner for your needs, you can schedule an Uncovery Date and kick things off from there.
Uncovery Date Defined
We come out to your physical place of business to see your operations, understand your business and growth goals, and get the required nuggets of what makes your business different from all your competitors to highlight in the ads we create for you.
How does the Wizard of Ads Group differ from traditional ad agencies?
As you may have picked up from Step 1 in “How to Hire a Wizard,” Wizardof Ads Partners don’t work on the same terms as any other advertising agency. Here’s what you need to know:
1. No Commissions - We don’t get paid on any kind of commission basis, or according to your ad budget. This keeps our recommendations media-neutral and totally honest. Advertisers who get paid according to media spend have a vested interest in recommending bigger ad budgets, and for recommending whatever media pays the biggest commissions.
We avoid all this by charging a one time, up-front uncovery fee plus a monthly retainer. We don’t publish typical fees online, but call us if you’re interested in getting a ballpark figure.
2. Joint Income Growth - We tie our pay directly to your top line growth. We only make more money if you make a lot more money. This further aligns our interests with yours, and is also something that most advertising agencies don’t do.
3. Exclusivity - If we’re working for you, we’re totally on your side, and totally unavailable to your competitors. Each Wizard Partner will only work with one company in any given industry for any given town or trade area. So we’ll only work with one Jeweler in Anytown, USA.
Why? Because our goal isn’t to make pretty or slick ads — our goal is to grow your market share, by taking it from your competitors. So your Wizard Partner will only work with you.
A different wizard partner might work for a competitor, but you’ll never have to worry about the loyalty, dedication, or alignment of goals with the Wizard of Ads partner you hired/are working with. But the price of this loyalty means that we don’t do one-off project work. If you want to work with us, you’ll have to partner with us.
4. Intimate Research - We won’t go into business with a client we haven’t met face to face, and whose business and home town we haven’t seen first hand — or whose competitors we haven’t secret shopped.
Advertising isn’t an off-the-rack purchase. It’s intimately tied to your unique business, competitive environment, and clientele. Any advertiser who’ll tell you they can create effective ads without doing their homework around these factors is blowing smoke.
Our initial Uncovery fee secures an Uncovery date where we will come to your business, sit down with you, and go through everything necessary to create great advertising and marketing strategies that will actually work to grow your business.
5. Multiple Partners, 1 Affordable Investment - Different Wizard Partners Specialize in Different Areas. A simple phone call or e-mail can help us do our job as a matchmaker and figure out the right partner for you. But whoever you partner with will likely team up with other partners depending on your mix of needs, so you’ll ultimately end up working with a team of partners, for no more than it would cost you to hire a single partner.